Princess Cruises has announced that 2020 will be its biggest European season ever.
For the first time ever Princess Cruises will have three ships sailing a full season from Southampton.The 3,080-guest Crown Princess will sail for over 150 days from Southampton, covering May to November. In addition the 2,200-guest Island Princess will spend June to October sailing from Southampton to northern Europe while the 3,560-guest Regal Princess will head round Britain from May to September.
Crown Princess will set sail for the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and northern Europe including a series of new voyages:
- An eight-day Norwegian Fjords voyage to Bergen, Aalesund, Olden/Nordfjord, Hellesylt Geiranger and Stavanger
- A 13-day summer holiday cruise in August to Barcelona, Marseille, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Sardinia and Ceuta in Spanish Morocco
- A 17-day Mediterranean voyage to Lisbon, Santorini (Greece), Mykonos (Greece), Kusadasi (Turkey), Katakolon (Greece) and Cartagena (Spain)
- A four-day sailing to Rotterdam and the Channel Islands
Island Princess will also be based in Southampton and similarly will take in a range of new sailings including:
- A 12-day Northern Capitals cruise to cities including Hamburg (for Berlin), Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam, Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge) and Paris (Le Havre)
- A 14-day Scandinavia & Russia Collection cruise to Bornholm (Denmark), Stockholm, Helsinki (Finland), St. Petersburg, Tallinn (Estonia), Riga (Latvia), Visby (Sweden), Helsingborg (Sweden) and Copenhagen. (The calls to Stockholm and St Petersburg are both overnight visits)
- Two 12-day Northern Lights cruises to the Norwegian destinations of Aalesund, Tromso, Alta (overnight) and Stavanger
- 16 or 32-day cruises to New York via northern Europe, either on a one-way or roundtrip basis
Regal Princess will sail the British Isles from May to September, travelling to destinations including Liverpool, Belfast, Dublin and Edinburgh. This marks the first time the ship has spent a season based in the UK.
Meanwhile the 3,660-guest Sky Princess, which launches next year, will spend its first spring and summer season sailing Scandinavia and Russia roundtrip from Copenhagen. From April to September, the ship will take in the likes of Stockholm, Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki, Berlin (Warnemunde) and an overnight stay in St Petersburg.
As such, three of Princess Cruises’ newest ships – Enchanted, Sky and Regal – will all be based in Europe in 2020. The latest Royal-class ship to launch, Enchanted Princess will be christened in Southampton in Summer 2020, and will offer some sailings from the port.
The announcements form part of Princess Cruises’ 2020 programme, which includes sailings across Europe as well as Asia, the Caribbean, Alaska and Canada & New England.
Call 0800 368 9059 for more details on itineraries and latest prices.