10 Things To Do For A Stress Free Embarkation Day
26 Sep 2016
Embarkation day can be an intense and stressful time of your holiday, but there are ways to make it fun if you get organised in advance. Read our 10 tips for a stress-free embarkation day.
How to have a stress-free embarkation day:
- Plan your way to the port in advance - How are you getting to the port? If you are driving, for example, you should be aware of the level of traffic at that time - nowadays with Google maps estimating the traffic is very easy. Additionally, you should take into account the time you will be spending finding a car park, if not booked prior. Alternatively, you can reserve a taxi or a private transfer in advance so you can wait to be picked up stress free.
- Get the timing right - it is highly recommended to get to the town of the port the day before departure, so you can get to the ship without worrying about the timing.
- Finding the best car park deal at the port - This pre-booking can save you a whopping amount of money. Just browse the internet or ask to your travel agent to provide you with some options to park at the port.
- Get your documents sorted in advance - Get your documents, tickets/e-tickets, passports and any other documents ready, and pack them in the hand luggage that you will carry with you on embarkation day.
- Magazines have never been so useful - As you may know, on embarkation day you are likely to queue at the terminal. This time can be made fun with magazines or other pastimes to entertain the last moments before your holiday starts. You can also use the internet on your smartphone as you are unlikely to have internet access on board unless you've purchased a package.
- Bring a bottle of bubbly - Embarkation should be celebrated as the start of the holiday! Lift the mood with a bottle of bubbly to share with your friends and family.
- Be smartly dressed and ready for any weather - In terminals you can find a variation of temperatures. It could be too warm inside or too cold outside and you may be queuing in both situations. For this reason, you should wear an appropriate outfit.
- Zero Currency problems - You should be aware of the onboard currency prior to departure. The majority of the cruise lines operate on a cash free environment, although just remember to bring your debit card with you (credit cards normally get charged fees). You should also think in advance about the currency of the countries you are visiting, you can exchange some cash in advance so you don’t need to worry.
- Last minute packing is forbidden - You should be familiar with this rule, last minute packing can just cause you a sleepless night and a stressful embarkation day. Start to pack in advance and if you need to bag something on the same day of the embarkation, just make a check list.
- Book the bookable in advance - Days before your cruise, you can book your excursions and your spa treatments. This can not only help you save money, but can cause less stress on your embarkation day and holiday.
Have you enjoyed our tips? Have you got your own personal tip for a stress-free embarkation day? If so, we would like to hear that from you.