P&O Cruises Oceana & Arcadia Refurbishment: What’s Changed?
05 Dec 2017
P&O Cruises’ Oceana and Arcadia are receiving a ship-wide refresh, bringing much welcomed enhancements to two of P&O’s popular mid-size cruise ships. Here’s everything you need to know about the work that is taking place.
The elegant, intimate, and adult-only Arcadia entered the Blohm+Voss shipyard in Hamburg in November 2017. Some of the areas that underwent notable refurbishment include:
- Aquarius Pool & Bar: This area benefited from a brighter colour scheme, and furnishings, including updated chairs, tables, and wall tiles.
- Atrium: Arcadia’s main three-deck-high atrium and reception area, saw changes to a number of items, including carpets, chairs, and cushions, giving the whole area much more of a ‘wow factor’ it deserves.
- The Belvedere Restaurant: New tiled flooring creates a sense of flow in the buffet area, while teak on the walls and a marine-toned colour palette provide a distinctive maritime feel.
- The Piano Bar: A fresh new colour palette of teals, soft greens and neutrals lifts the mood during the day, and a new lighting scheme strikes a nostalgic note when the sun goes down.
- Suites: Arcadia’s range of suites have a new warm and inviting feel. New furniture – including sofa beds, armchairs, and coffee tables – creates a comfortable ambience to relax in.
Arcadia will sail around Europe and the Caribbean before heading off on her World Cruise in January 2018.
The spacious and family-friendly Oceana will emerge from a refurbishment in mid-December 2017. Some of the areas that will undergo notable refurbishment include:
Terrace Bar: A new colour scheme, lounge furniture and feature tiling will create a retreat-style space. Hot tubs will be refurbished and a new canopy offering shade over the pool and bar area will be added.
The Plaza: The main social space on the ship will see new carpets, tiling, furniture and a fresh colour scheme, which will help create a distinct identity between the dining spaces and lounges.
Magnums: The Champagne bar will glow with a new luxurious colour scheme. New bar stools, lounge chairs, and sofas will enhance this elegant venue.
Yacht & Compass: In addition to a new dance floor, the bar will benefit from a strong new identity inspired by the nautical decor.
Youth spaces: The children’s clubs will receive updated entertainment equipment, soft-play features for younger cruisers, and redecorated walls.
When she returns from her refurbishment, Oceana will offer cruises to Europe and the Caribbean, before kicking off brand new Dubai & Arabian Gulf fly-cruises in early 2019.
To see the new enhancements for yourself, speak to one of our friendly sales team today on 0800 368 9059 who will be happy to help you book your next P&O Cruises holiday.