Saga Introduces “Spirit of Discovery”
27 Mar 2017
Have you ever thought about a ship with all balconies? Singles’ favourite cruise line Saga is adding a new small size all balcony ship to its fleet. The new ship will be launched in summer 2019. However, the new itineraries are due to be unveiled sooner, September 2017 . Now, we are going to reveal a preview and also a special limited offer.
What will Saga’s new ship look like?
The new ship will continue to focus on the brand ethos which is “one ship for everybody” and the decision to have balconies only certainly reflects this. The less than 1,000 passenger ship is being built in Hamburg, at the Meyer Werft shipyard, the ships is told to have the highest technological specifications.
Fact sheet on the new Saga ship
- Intimate atmosphere & friendly service: cruising on board a small ship is like travelling with acquaintances and friends. Plus the excellent customer service is a bonus, you feel welcome.
- Sleek and elegant design: the interiors will be modern and contemporary
- 540 balcony cabins: cabins will be spacious
- 20% of accommodation for singles: singles will definitely love Saga even more!
- Single sitting dining: finally singles will have the option to dine on their own
- Signature lounge: one of the features that all of us are waiting to see is the Britannia lounge which”is going to be a magnificent signature space set across two decks” as David Pickett, new build director said.
- All restaurants for free: as a continuation of the Saga brand belief, the restaurants on board will be free of charge.
Saga’s small ships are very successful, they sell out very quickly and also, for this reason, an additional small ship was launched. The ship was created out of the necessity, but also to impress existing guests, its design was crafted by taking passengers’ ideas and feedback in mind.
Unique fine dining experiences revealed
Saga Cruises have worked hard to deliver the best food experience to their guests, across the five restaurants there will be signature dishes inspired by the destinations of the cruise, a great way to connect with the local culture. Let’s explore some of those areas in Spirit of Discovery.
Outside Lido: This space will host entertainment, but will also be one of the favourite spots for al fresco dining.
Asian Restaurant: Guests can taste authentic Asian cuisine at no extra cost.
Main Dining Room: This is a traditional dining area with elegant features such as the double-height ballroom-style ceiling, designers took inspirations from London’s top hotels to conceive this spectacular space.
Living room: This space will be the main area of the ship, where passengers can relax before and after dinner. Refreshments will be available all day, including coffee and afternoon tea.
Looking forward to set sail on Saga’s new ship “Spirit of Discovery”?
Advance register today to guarantee your space on board. Your advance pre-registration costs only £90pp and you will receive an additional 5% of the usual discounted fare. Remember there are only 10,000 spaces available.
If for any reason you can not make your cruise, you will get a full refund.
Please contact us 0800 368 9059 to secure your place on Saga’s new ship at the best price.