What’s New On P&O Cruises?
16 Dec 2016
We all know that P&O Cruises is building the biggest ship for the UK market ever conceived, meanwhile the Brits favourite cruise line is still investing in renewing life on board to make it exciting for past guests too.
Are you aware of the new shows onboard? Or the gastronomic experiences available on the Gala Dinner menu? Not yet? Read our article to find out more of the exclusive previews announced during a function in London last month. Discover what’s new on board P&O Cruises.
Exciting news on board P&O Cruises…
- New exciting show on board Arcadia: “Money Makes The World Go Round” the show will hit the stage at the end of November and will be mainly based on a cabaret scene. The plot is all about Lily, a young country girl who moved into town and get involved in the cabaret scene, where she met her love Harry, but their love story is signed by adversity. Who knows if love will win? Ruthie Henshall, one of the Britain’s most acclaimed West End show performers put the show in place in record time. Ruthie is working as producer and commented: “To now be wearing a different hat and overseeing the production from conception to launch is a dream come true. We have a superb team of award-winning professionals who are currently working on many of London’s biggest shows and I hope that by creating this show onboard Arcadia we are helping to shape the direction of new productions and bring a slice of the West End to the sea.”
- New Gala Dinner Menu – destination led: Mytilene star rated, and much loved chef Marco Pierre White has been working on a new menu to bring on board. Local and specially selected ingredients are used to integrate these classic British dishes. The brand new menus will be available on all the ships during Gala dinner and include:
-Marco’s classic beef wellington with a wild mushroom and Medeira duxelles server with dauphinoise potatoes
-Salt Marsh lamp loin with mint, garlic and chicken mousseline
-Crispy pork cheek with chorizo patatas bravas
-Biscuite glacé- hazelnut parfait with raspberry coulis and almond tuile
Marco Pierre White stressed that the Gala night dinners have always been exceptional and they will always be now even more special thanks to the ports of call local products. In occasion of the presentation of the new menu during an event in London, we had the chance to try classic British pub food: sausage rolls and scotch eggs – nothing like the ones you have tasted before!
- Decadent chocolate Pavé Royal: Award-winning French pâtissier Eric Lanlard, has created a special indulgent chocolate cake to be featured on the special Chef’s dinner menu at the main restaurant. Eric Lanlard is already part of the P&O fleet as one of the Food Heros and commented: “I am so excited to be introducing P&O Cruises guests to my Pavé Royal, which combines my two passions chocolate and pastry…I hope guests love this dessert as much as I do”.
This mouthwatering cake is made with high quality ingredients only and contains: dark chocolate mousse, soft hazelnut meringue, crunchy praline wafer. The chocolate called Valrhona is very special as it is the favourite of the best pastry chef in the world.
- New production on board Azura: “Evolution” is a brand new show that has just started on board launched by star Jonathan Wilkes. The show combines dancers, singers and also techno- visual effects. This futuristic show is telling the story of the fight between the Fabricators and the Humanoids, the eternal quarrel will eventually be interrupted by the love explosion between the leader of Fabricators and a female humanoid. What will be the destiny of the world?
P&O Cruises senior vice president Paul Ludlow commented: “Evolution is unlike any other show we have shown on board. It is visually stunning, with mesmerizing dancing and will be a wholly immersive experience for our guests”
- New SWIMMING LESSONS: in partnership with Mark Foster P&O Cruises will provide swimming lessons and more on larger ships.
Have you been on board yet? If you have tried any of the new experiences, please leave a comment. We would love to know your thoughts….
Photo credit: © Steve Dunlop Photography