Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines Introduces New River Cruise Operations
17 May 2017
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines have just announced their exciting new programme, European River Cruising. The new cruises will depart between April and November 2018 and are on general sale from the 26th of May. What to expect from Fred. Olsen river cruising?
Brabant – the way to Fred. Olsen river cruising
The line’s river ship is a 156-guest vessel, named Brabant. This small vessel, 110 meters long, confirms the importance of an intimate atmosphere on board for Fred. Olsen River Cruises. However, on board there is plenty of space both in the public areas and on deck, so guest can admire the panorama in comfort as they sail by.
Brabant was built in 2006 and its name is dear to the Fred’s heirs: “the name Brabant harks back to Fred. Olsen’s historic passenger ship of the same name from the 1920s” as Justin Stanton, Sales and Marketing Director, stated.
Brabant has a country house hotel feel to it, the elegance of the cherry wooden interiors is contrasted by modern and vibrant colours. The atmosphere is elegant yet everything is made to enhance relaxation and enjoy never seen before views. In fact, many staterooms feature a Juliette balcony with panoramic views. The homely feel will be spread throughout the four decks with less than 80 rooms and suites and with 40 crew members.
The Fred.’s difference translated into Fred. Olsen river cruising
- The British market is still the focus: the traditional British style of cruising will not be left out Brabant, English will be the main language on board and the cuisine will certainly have a British flair.
- Sterling on board: the cruise line will maintain pounds as a currency.
- ‘Home-from-home’ atmosphere: the friendly and welcoming atmosphere will continue on river cruising, your needs will always be a priority aboard.
- Award Winning Customer Service: friendly. efficient and personal customer service will be another feature of Fred. Olsen River Cruise.
- Scenic cruising: with more time dedicated to daily cruising, allowing guests to experience astonishing panoramic views.
- Unmissable excursions: Fred. Olsen is transporting into river cruising their passion for excursions that give guests the chance to collect unforgettable memories, get closer to the local culture and pepper their holidays with a bit of adventure.
- Enjoyment Promise: you can buy with confidence with the Enjoyment Promise, by booking your cruise at least 12 weeks before departure, and within 24 hours of sailing, you can decide to return home. And your flight will be paid and your cruise fare reimbursed.
Sneak peek of the Fred. Olsen River Cruises brochure
Curious to know what is yet to come? Here is an idea of what you can expect, when the cruises go on sale. One of our top picks is the Springtime Dutch Discovery – A fantastic cruise discovering some of the most picturesque and less known spots of Europe, cruising the Pannerden Canal and the remarkable Dutch countryside. This cruise is the perfect way to try out river cruising and you will also be amongst the first to travel with Fred. Olsen River cruises, plus the starting price is only from £999pp*!
Brabant will be visiting the most iconic ports of Europe, itineraries include, Düsseldorf, Germany to Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Düsseldorf to Nuremberg, Germany; Nuremberg to Budapest, Hungary; Budapest to Hirsova (Bucharest), Romania; Düsseldorf to Basel, Switzerland; and Hirsova (Bucharest) to Düsseldorf. The cruise duration is varied too to accommodate all the liking, from 5 to 25 nights. Flights and transfers will be included in the fare, but there is the option to purchase cruise only.
We bet that Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines lovers will book a river cruise onboard Brabant immediately. In fact, we think cabins will sell out fast once on general sale, on the 26th May, so contact us todayto ensure priority booking. Remember, our best price promise guaranteed: we will be able to give a discount to the brochure fare.