Most Popular Cruise Ships Sailing From Southampton in 2018
24 Apr 2018
Fancy a new adventure departing from the South coast? Discover some of the most popular cruise ships sailing from Southampton, and why you should consider sailing on one of these amazing ships in 2018.
Most popular cruise ships from Southampton
- Sapphire Princess: After spending her years catering for the Asian cruise market since being built in 2004, Sapphire Princess makes her European debut in Southampton for 2018. Similar to her sister ships in the Grand class, she has all the fantastic facilities you’d expect. Unlike her sisters, Sapphire Princess has one deck less of cabins than her sister ships – that means you’ll be able to enjoy all the same onboard venues found on her sister ships, but you’ll be sharing them with around 400 less passengers. Sapphire Princess has just had a major makeover, so she’ll feel brand new when you step onboard in Southampton. Sapphire Princess will offer amazing cruises to Norway, the Baltic, as well as longer sailings to Iceland, the Mediterranean and Canada.
- Britannia: P&O Cruises flagship is the largest ship to be built specifically for the UK cruise market. Despite being the largest ship in the fleet, Britannia combines both contemporary design with traditional experiences. The interiors are simply stunning, with the Starburst sculpture in the atrium serving as the main focus and gathering spot on the ship. There are plenty of facilities and things to do onboard, such as The Cookery Club or the peaceful Retreat.
- Queen Mary 2: Queen Mary 2 is in a league of her own. The last true ocean liner in the world, the majestic Queen Mary 2 regularly offers transatlantic sailings between Southampton and New York. The interiors are in-keeping with the traditional cruise experience guests love about Cunard, but with a contemporary flair. The White Star Service guaranteed by Cunard is impeccable. Step back in time and experience a timeless holiday.
- Independence of the Seas: Arguably one of Britain’s all-time favourite ships, Royal Caribbean International’s Independence of the Seas has consistently had a loyal following with UK cruisers since launching a decade ago. The ship is ideal for busting those myths that a cruise is only for older people. With surf simulators, a rock climbing wall, ice skating rink and a shopping street, Independence of the Seas will make even the most seasoned cruiser constantly saying “WOW!” She is perfect for families, with so much to do on board, and Independence of the Seas packs in even more fun for 2018. The ship now has an epic space-themed VR trampoline park, laser tag, an escape room, and even water slides!
- Norwegian Jade: Norwegian Cruise Line offers a freestyle approach to cruising. Dine when you like and wear what you like with no fixed dining times or dress codes. Norwegian Cruise Line now offers a premium all inclusive experience. Drinks, gratuities and Wi-Fi are included as standard, so once onboard. you can cruise without worrying about your onboard account. Norwegian Jade is a medium-sized ship, with modern interiors. Small enough to fit into more remote ports, but still large enough for a range of family facilities and entertainment venues. The Heaven is a real paradise and exclusively for Suites guests.
Of course these are just some of the amazing ships sailing from Southampton in 2018. Live chat our travel team or call them on 0800 368 9059 to learn more about cruises from Southampton. What’s your favourite ship sailing from Southampton? Let us know in the comments.